Pure Mathematics Research Group; RAE2008
Here are some highlights from the RAE2008 Pure Mathematics submission; they refer to the period 2001-2008.
- Ten appointments of permanent staff to the group have been made since 2001.
- The group includes two Fellows of the Royal Society (Taylor, elected a Vice-President in 2004; Wilkie, elected 2001), a Corresponding Member of the Russian Academy of Sciences (Buchstaber, elected 2006) and a Fellow of the British Academy (Paris).
- Since 2001 members of the group have held the following fellowships: Royal Society Wolfson Research Merit award (Stafford, Taylor); EPSRC Senior Fellowship (Taylor); EPSRC Advanced Fellowship (Sharp); RCUK Fellowship (Kambites); Royal Society Fellowship (Eaton); Royal Society Leverhulme Senior Fellowship (Borovik); Leverhulme Trust Research Fellowships (Prest, Symonds); EPSRC Research Fellow (Gillibert); Leverhulme Trust Study Abroad Fellowship (Symonds)
- We have published over 400 papers since 2001.
- We have supervised over 90 research students and taught over 80 masters students since 2001.
- As part of our submission, among many other `esteem indicators', the following examples of lectures by members of the group at prestigious international conferences were chosen.