Manchester Institute for Mathematical Sciences (MIMS)
MIMS organizes core and interdisciplinary research activities in mathematics and is the research arm of the School of Mathematics in the University of Manchester. This website provides information on past and future MIMS activities and presents the people, topics and outputs comprising the research activity in the School of Mathematics.
- Professor Jack Dongarra is to receive the 2013 ACM-IEEE Computer Society Ken Kennedy Award.
- Applications to hold fellowships are welcome. See Postdoctoral Fellowship Opportunities.
- Professor Françoise Tisseur has been elected Vice President 2013-2015 of the SIAM UK and Republic of Ireland Section.
- Professor Oliver Jensen is the first holder of the new Sir Horace Lamb Chair.
- Professor Françoise Tisseur has been elected Program Director 2013-2015 of the SIAM Activity Group on Linear Algebra.
- Several Manchester mathematicians can be found on Google Scholar Citations.